Sunday, June 29, 2014

Quilt Doodle Designs Block of the Month for June


It is getting close to the end of the month but I have completed the June portion of the quilt.
It was fun to make these hockey skates, but a little odd to be thinking of winter sports when it is hot and muggy here. I'm not complaining though. After the cold and long winter we had it is great to be getting outdoors more and even getting into the lake.
 I am not a skater and never have been, but I do appreciate the skill and strength of the skaters, especially those who do figure skating. When I was a kid Saturdays in the winter were saved for "Hockey Night in Canada" even though we watched it on a 17 inch black and white t.v.

                                                   Hockey does represent winter well.

1 comment:

  1. Your skates turned out wonderfully! Love them! Your background sets off the skates so nicely.

    Happy quilting,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete